If you enjoy a turkey club sandwich or even a good BLT this salad is for you! It’s so simple I usually eat it a couple of times a week. I keep the ingredients ready made and then throw it together for quick lunches or dinners.
The proportions for this recipe are for a single serving. You can multiply the ingredients as needed.
- Your favorite greens- spinach and spring greens are my favorites
- Cooked bacon crumbles ( I cook mine ahead in the oven)
- Chicken pieces- I use my crock pot chicken, https://greengurneys.com/2018/11/06/crockpot-roasted-chicken/ but chicken or turkey lunch meat also works fine
- Purple onions- I soak pine in vinegar for at least a day to give it a mild pickled flavor
- 2 tbsp oil- Avocado and grapeseed are my favorite
- 1/2 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 dash of salt
- freshly ground pepper